You will like
Air Quality Consulting within successful international Building Servivces & MEP consulting engineering firm. They are renowned for quality of their people who you will find enthusiastic, creative and knowledgeable . Due to sustainable business growth this is a great opportuninty to join their team of highly qualified, dedicated and experienced staff in Mancheter office and as part of an evolving air quality team.
You will like
The Air Quality Consultant job itself based in Manchester where, working as part of an evolving project team, you will be responsible for elements of detailed design delivery and will be expected to take responsibility for your work. Taking briefs from the Team Leader and working under your own initiative in delivering elements of the designs for large and complex projects from inception to completion, as part of a team. You will be working in a coordinated way with other professionals, developing effective relationships to stimulate future business growth.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Taking briefs and delivering on air quality projects from inception to completion
- Able to work with and have an appreciation of the integration of other construction professionals’ requirements for the project
- Dispersion modelling using ADMS software packages - Air quality assessment report writing, including for Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs)
- Analysis of various data sets including road traffic and energy system information to assess projects
- Support of onsite air quality monitoring - Production of design advice documents to support ventilation strategies
- Effectively utilising and checking work undertaken by others - Reviewing and commenting on information provided by the client and other members of the professional team for design purposes.
- Reviewing and commenting on information provided by contactors/sub-contractors and providing a written report on their compliance with the design and specification.
- Attending and contributing to design team meetings, client meetings, pre-contract - and post-contract meetings
- Effectively managing and motivating colleagues within and outside of the team.
- Liaising with project team members and local authorities to agree approach and obtain the inputs needed for assessments
You will have
- 2.1 or above in a Degree in engineering, science or maths.
- A postgraduate qualification in environmental sciences, technology, engineering or environmental policy, such as an MSc would be beneficial
- Membership of the Institute of Air Quality Management (IAQM)
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years previous work experience in an air quality consultancy role
- Strong mathematical / quantitative analysis skills and understanding of physical and chemical processes
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Strong report writing and reviewing skills - Interpretation of air quality monitoring data
- Knowledge of air quality monitoring techniques and strategies
- Extensive experience of using air dispersion models, such as ADMS packages - Good organisational and planning skills
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently
- A friendly, ambitious and positive individual with a flexible and resilient approach
- Ability and commitment to effectively deliver to demanding timescales.
- Able to develop effective client and fellow professional relationships at a project level for future business growth.
- Able to positively work as part of a team and motivate junior team members.
- Have an appreciation of fee cost control and resource planning.
You will get
A competitive salary, likely £35,000-£40,000 and both core and flexible benefits including:
- Private medical scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients
- Excellent IPD scheme and active support towards further professional accreditation
You can apply
By pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org , or if you prefer feel free to give me a call at 01275 331307.