You will like
Working for this leading independently owned Construction Company, majoring on civil engineering and operating across the UK and Ireland. They have balanced portfolio across civil and structural projects and cover commercial infrastructure, utilities and specialist jobs including demolition, asbestos removal & waste management. They have an impressive order book with varied projects from £1M - £20M+. This is a company with name and reputation that can open doors with clients and suppliers making your job easier. Culture wise they care about employees and are passionate about delivering quality projects and client satisfaction
You will like
The job as Assistant Estimator, based from HQ in Wenbley, London, reporting to Senior Estimator and working within a dynamic and expanding team and Company. This is an excellent opportunity to progress your career, working alongside a top-gun commercial team. This role could also suit someone looking to move away from a site-based role and/or having completed a degree in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering.
You will be responsible for the preparation and subsequent negotiation of Tender submissions for a range of prestigious civil engineering projects. Working closely with other professionals including Construction Managers, Planners and Design teams as well as external stakeholders such as Clients and Sub-Contractors: More specifically:
- Examining incoming tenders and reviewing contract potential
- Measuring & ‘Quantity Take-Off’ from drawings
- Producing Bills of Quantities
- Sourcing pre-project information and analysing sub-contractor quotations, agreements & enquiries
- Build up tender price from first principles based on the scope of works, plans, specification, programme
- Cost planning
- Producing tender reports in preparation for tender adjudication
- Hold adjudication/settlement meeting with Estimating & Operational Directors
- Attending pre & post contract interviews, client meetings etc.
- Assist the Bid Team to successfully prepare and submit bid proposals for each tender submissions
- Assist with producing price & final summary sheets for review .
You will have
- Preferably degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering
- Experienced in working to standard methods of measurement particularly SMM7, with knowledge of NRM2
- Experienced in varying types of projects including: bulk earthworks, groundworks, substructure concrete, paving, roadworks, drainage, RC Frames and Demolition
- You must have experience of working within a ‘contractor’ environment
- Sound commercial acumen
- A confident communicator with all members of staff; a team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; maintain good working relationships internally & externally
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines on a daily & weekly basis
- Ideally experienced in using CAD and / or Causeway would be an advantage but training will be provided.
- Determination, self-discipline and the ability to exercise judgement in relation to budget costs from limited information
You will get
- Salary is solid at £35K-£40K+ Neg and full corporate package applies.
- 37.5 hour week. Monday - Thursday, 09.00am to 5.30pm (1 hour lunch). Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (½ hour lunch).
- 26 days holiday per annum (*Plus Bank Holidays)
- Staff car park and gymnasium
- Staff canteen with complimentary breakfast & subsidised lunchtime meals
- Competitive benefits package