You will like
Working for this leading independently owned contracting firm, Midlands based, operating across the UK and who are seeking to employ an experienced Bid Management professional with civils/construction background. As employer is a Construction based business this opportunity will suit someone with experience in this sector. The successful candidate work with various parts of the business in particular the Development team to pursue business from new and established networks. This role requires a high level of client interfacing and reporting to senior members of the team.
You will like
The challenging role itself of Sales Manager where you will be responsible for driving new civil engineering and infrastructure opportunities within the Midlands area aligned with the long-term strategic business plans.
- Business development planning
- Develop and lead sector and client business and marketing plans with a typical horizon of 1 to 5 years
- Adjudicate the inclusion of new opportunities in the Win Work pipeline
- Analyse the customer base across the company to establish a common approach to retention and growth
- Business intelligence: Develop and manage an up to date understanding of the macroeconomic environment over the agreed plan period.
- Client relationships: Engage with sectors and customers to anticipate potential business opportunities and implement actions that will position the business with the differentiated advantage
- Financial management: Maintain and update Sector, Business Unit and Customer Account plans Manage the marketing budget and work with internal project sponsors to prepare and submit Bid Investment proposals and business cases
- Team leadership: Proactively lead and support initiatives that will contribute to the achievement of the Company’s targets.
- Review the Business Strategy
- Identify appropriate companies with whom to form partnerships with and to provide support in developing PQQ and tender responses
- Identify and request the creation of account plans
- Liaise with other offices, regions and partners to identify opportunities to meet that strategy
- Review Client Business Plans and understand their requirements
- Develop opportunities into PQQ’s or tenders seeking bid writing support as required
- Develop business relationships with external parties to support responses to PQQ’s or tenders
- Allocate opportunities to other team members to prepare responses
- Liaise with both internal and external parties to develop bid strategies
- Oversee and lead bid teams in the planning and delivery of PQQ and bid submissions in line with agreed strategies
- Act as a point of contact for customers during tendering process
You will have
Significant experience in Business Development, particularly suiting someone with construction / engineering industry experience.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in building commercial relationships to help deliver improved service and innovation to the customer
- Detailed knowledge of marketing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to seek and develop new relationships to achieve strategic business objectives
- Ability to contribute to the development of strategy and take responsibility for delivering strategic objectives
You will get
You will enjoy the kudos and credibility of working for a major contractor. You will help take an already successful firm to the next level!
Salary is solid at £50K-£60K+ NEG DOE + Package.
- Company car/car allowance
- 5% Company pension contribution
- Life Assurance at 2 x notional salary
- Single persons private medical cover
- Permanent Health Cover