You will like
Working for a local reputable Waste Management firm that is recognised as a leader in the environmental sector. Join the mission to transofrm Bristol, creating a better city for everyone, delivering high quality safe reliable and value for money services responsibly. They are ambitious, growing and will make a great employer for an ambitious Business Development Manager.
You will like
The Business Development Manager job itself where you will work closely with the Business Development Director & team to lead the delivery and closure of a robust sales pipeline in the integrated Waste Management sector. Driving growth in-line with our shareholder expectations and business blueprint.
The intention is to expand the business from integrated waste management services to include soft facilities management services over the next 2-3 years. Activities will include establishing a robust sales pipeline, generation of new commercial leads, closing new sales opportunities, key target and account development, mobilising new sales, working with the Marketing and Communications Manager to input in to PR and marcomms activities; introducing modern digital sales approach along with other related sales and marketing initiatives. The role will be concentrated on the Bristol region. Finally, the role will maximise customer retention, promote brand values and create shareholder value by enabling the business to grow profitably.
- To provide the leadership and ownership in developing and implementing sales initiatives that will attract new customers and support the retention and growth of current customers in the region and the business as a whole
- To lead the sales drive into a wider integrated services business providing waste management and soft facilities management services
- To develop and implement capture plans and key account plans for new customers that will promote profitable business growth
- To lead and focus on implementation of successful sales plans for the region and service products
- To effectively use the company Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and assist in its on-going development to provide an efficient and effective platform
- To have the capability to prepare, produce and present service solutions via proposals, costings, digital and other methods
- To establish and deliver a robust sales funnel of opportunities in line with business plans and strategy
You will have
The successful Business Development Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent, in subjects related to sales, marketing or business management
- A member of a professional body such as The Institute of Sales or Chartered Institute of Marketing
- An appropriate range of professional qualifications related to the above i.e. post graduate sales qualification and member of professional body
- Ability to produce high quality proposal documents, spreadsheets and presentations from first principles
- A high level of experience with social and network selling methods using B2B applications such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator and Showpad
- Experience of establishing and using a cloud-based sales CRM and effective database
- Several years of experience of working in the integrated facilities management service or waste management sector or associated environments
- Several years of experience working in a dynamic sales environment with a high field sales or key account content
- A proven track record of achieving sales targets using a structures sales approach
- Experienced in lead generation activities using telesales and digital methods
- Experienced in using a modern CRM system for pipeline and key account management
- Very good experience and knowledge of working in B2C and B2B environments
- Experience of working with a large multi-million business, sales structures, processes and systems
You will get
up to £40K + Commission + Benefits
As the Business Development Manager you will receive a competitive salary & attractive commission scheme, professional career development, 25 days holiday entitlement; occupational sickness entitlement; access to a defined contribution pension scheme; employee assistance programme; comprehensive training and life assurance of two times salary.
You can apply
For the Business Development Manager post by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org , or if you prefer feel free to give me a call at 01275 331307