You will like
Working for a leading UK independent laboratory for testing, validation and performance of HVAC products and systems. This organisation are renowned as the benchmark in quality and offer standard testing to BS, EN and ISO for CE approval and compliance with local, national and global markets. The compliance division, enables the building services and construction industries and their clients to enhance the value of the built environment by improving the quality of their products and services, the efficiency of their provision and the effectiveness of their operation bringing a sense of accomplishment.
You will like
The home based compliance engineer role itself which sits within the Compliance Department in Cheltenham, covering Midlands & South West. For the right person this position will provide an interesting and satisfying opportunity to work with a range of developers on some of the UK’s most prestigious projects, providing them with a quality testing service, as per the requirements of Part E, F and L of the Building Regulations. You will have the primary responsibility for testing new buildings using specialist equipment and reporting software. Working pattern is 40 hours per week.
- Conducting sound insulation testing in accordance with Building Regulations Part E
- Conducting airtightness tests in accordance with Building Regulations Part L, and client specified standards
- Conducting ventilation performance tests in accordance with Building Regulations Part F
- Conducting related consultancy services as required
- Liaising with site management
- Conducting Fault detection
- Conducting Results analysis and producing findings in accordance with the Company reporting procedures
- Preparing all the necessary reports for the line manager
- Presenting findings to clients
- Conduct daily routine checks of the equipment and vehicle
- Reporting any faults/ repairs requirements to the line manager
You will have
To be successful as a Compliance Engineer, you will have:
- Excellent diagnostic skills (investigative, problem identification and solution)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to work without supervision
- The ability to balance thoroughness with commercial demands
- High commercial awareness including the ability to identify potential areas for new projects
- A clear and confident manner communicating, both verbally and in writing
- A highly developed and creative approach to problem-solving
- Good inter-personal skills
- Computer literacy and numeracy
- Sound Insulation Testing experience for compliance with part E will be an advantage.
- Experience in construction
- OK to complete the in-house Dwelling Airtightness (DAT) training course and ventilation testing & commissioning course within the first six months of employment
- A clean license is desirable
- CSCS cardholder
You will get
Salary £30K - £31K PA. Benefits include a Pension Scheme and 26 days holiday per year (pro rata, excluding Bank Holidays), etc.
You can apply
By pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org , or if you prefer to feel free to give me a call at 01275 331307.