You will like
Working for a world leading manufacturer of heat exchange technology at primary world class manufacturing facility in Suzhou, Hong Kong, China in collaboration with other manufacturing sites are in North American and Europe. The Engineering Team has around 12 to 15 headcounts, divided into Application and Design teams. An excellent opportunity to enhance your career (& life) experience!
You will like
The Director Engineering role itself which will suit an Engineering Director with10-15 years experience with mechanical engineering, chemical and ideally thermo background.
You will manage and direct the activities of the two day-to-day engineering functions within the China Engineering team - Application Engineering, and Design Engineering. This encompasses the technical requirements from customer Request For Quote (RFQ) through design for manufacturability. Serves as a resource on projects requiring advanced knowledge. Tracks functional group performance and drives productivity, customer responsiveness, process and product improvement, accuracy, project timelines, product and supplier item validation tools and training resources for internal and external use.
- Provides planning, direction, and coordination for all technical activities while achieving optimum use of employees, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Tracks performance of the two Engineering groups per Company metrics and standards and continually drives team for efficiencies and improved accuracy.
- Reports in Departmental Review: project status, design and application engineering volume, team responsiveness, and accuracy of outputs.
- Recruiting, hiring, review of employees.
- Provides functional (engineering) guidance and leadership for selection of product to meet customer expectations, in the design/development of new products,
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in product selection methods, product technical requirements, outcomes, and processes
- Guides successful completion of projects through collaboration with cross functional departments.
- Responsible for relevant budget oversight and accomplishment of projects and activities within defined parameters.
- Provide direction regarding the development of solutions to complex technical problems.
- Interfaces with Quality, Sales, Purchasing, Accounting, and Operations managers on design, quotation, specification, development, production,
You will have
To be successful as Director Engineering, you will have:
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- Minimum three years of experience required in a similar manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with various heat exchanger construction codes such as TEMA, ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, GB, PED, etc. an advantage
- Working knowledge of 2D and 3D mechanical design software, e.g. Solidworks or similar expected.
You will get
- As Director Engineering you will enjoy competitive salary $125K-$150K
- Full Ex-Pat Package if relocating
- 15% Bonus for local candidates
You can apply
To Director Engineering by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com , or call at 01275 331307.