You will like
Working for a Multi-Billion Dollar group company within an acquired technology company currently ramping up to commercialize the product; development, research, manufacturing, engineering, operations, clinical, regulatory, etc – all of this ground-floor opportunities to create & build, but have the stability of working for a multi-billion dollar profitable business! Start-up feel, big-business backing and support. This role is within a leading medical diagnostic company, that offers cutting edge technology, machines, and rapid testing solutions at physicians’ fingertips.
You will like
The Engineering Manager role itself where you will be responsible for leading and contributing to the control engineering team in the design, development, test, and certification of components and products for a Medical device production manufacturing site. This individual will manage electrical, mechanical, and controls engineering portions of overall new product developments and sustaining engineering programs.
- Develops new control features as required by working with Product Management to meet product and/or technology roadmaps
- Manages and improve Controls Team personnel, processes, and resources
- Develops relationships and specifications with control hardware and/or software suppliers to meet project requirements
- Plans and formulates control system projects and manages team staff (engineers, designers, lab technicians)
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer requirements and related specifications
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems
- Directs integration of technical activities and products
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget
- Prepares interim and completion project reports
- Analyses, designs, modifies and/ or troubleshoots electrical components, subsystems, and control algorithms
- Develops and/or produces cost effective control and instrumentation concepts to meet project requirements
- Develops complete material list of parts required for design requirements
- Ability to apply analytical methods to realize solutions
- Consistently meets or exceeds commitments with the highest standards of ethics and integrity
You will be based at Mishawaka, IN (Relocation Assistance Provided), <2 hours Chicago, <1 hour from Michigan City & Beach!
You will have
To be successful as Engineering Manager you wll need
- BS in Engineering Field preferably Electrical, Computer, or Controls Engineering
- 5-10 years’ experience in Electrical, Computer, or Controls Engineering
- Previous supervisory experience leading teams
- Existing knowledge of commercial HVAC/Building Management Systems
- Familiar with industrial or commercial control systems
- TCP/IP protocols (Profinet, Profibus)
- Development, deployment, and/or management of IoT solutions
- App development
- Programming experience (Siemens, Allen Bradley, C, C++, Labview, Wonderware, SCADA, robotics automation and implementation.
- Knowledge in Lean manufacturing, TPM, and VSM
- Must have a strong background in: Developing control hardware and firmware specs and/or Developing test plans for controls and product integration
- Previous experience in teambuilding, talent management; mentoring & career development
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment that is fast paced and demanding
- Must be self-directed and have excellent initiative and organizational skills
- Exhibits a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency,
- Works well under stress with the ability to deliver on time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Control theory
- Travel up to 50% both Domestic and International.
You will get
$ Competitive USD + Bonus + 401K natching + Relocation Package
You can apply
To Engineering Manager By pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com , or give me a call at 01275 331307.