You will like
Working for a multidisciplinary consultancy providing sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment and energy markets. This exciting role sits within their thriving environmental team in Leeds & UK.
You will like
The EIA (Environmental Impact Assesment) Consultant job itself which is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly rated professional EIA team with a strong reputation for quality, working on a wide variety of high profile projects in the regeneration, waste and energy sectors. The project sectors involved currently include large scale masterplans, mixed use, leisure, retail and heritage-based redevelopment. There is also opportunity for you to be involved in other service sectors including feasibility studies, masterplanning support, Environmental Management Plans, Sustainability Appraisals and Strategic Environmental Assessment.
Core responsibilities of the positions vary according to grade, but include:
- Responsibility for the co-ordination of a variety of EIA projects, including budget control
- Preparation and project management of Environmental Statements
- Client liaison and development of relationships
- Contribution to business development
- Contribution to various initiatives, such as development of new services and training
- Preparation of fee proposals and assistance with bids
- Be able to work autonomously with excellent communication skills (including technical report writing)
- A specific technical specialism would be ideal but not essential.
The roles offer excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, and a clear vision for innovation.
You will have
We are inviting EIA professionals with previous consultancy experience to apply & you will ideally also have:
- A positive and proactive approach
- An appropriate degree (membership of IEMA preferred)
- A minimum of 3 years experience
- A successful track record of EIA co-ordination / project management (including budget control)
- Experience in providing technical input into environmental projects or environmental aspects of larger projects
- A thorough understanding of EIA, including best practice guidelines, planning processes, environmental assessment methods and case law
- Excellent report writing, communication and project management skills
- Excellent client liaison skills
- The ability to work as part of a team, supervise / support more junior members of staff and deliver integrated services.
- A full UK driving licence
You will get
- The benefits include a competitive salary of up to £35K according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
- The role offers excellent career prospects within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients.