You will like
Working for this leading construction contractor, majoring on civil engineering and operating across the UK and Ireland. They have balanced portfolio across civil and structural projects and cover commercial infrastructure, utilities and specialist jobs including demolition, asbestos removal & waste management. They have an impressive order book with varied projects from £100K - £100M. This is a company with name and reputation that can open doors with clients and a professional approach to work-winning. Culture wise they care about employees and are passionate about delivering quality projects and client satisfaction
You will like
The job as Estimator, based from brand new regional office in glasgow, where you will be working within a dynamic and expanding team and Company. This is an excellent opportunity to progress your career, working alongside a top-gun commercial team. You will be proud to be working on presigious projects such as V&A Museum & Aberdeen Conference Centre - ACC.
You will be responsible for the preparation and subsequent negotiation of Tender submissions for a range of prestigious civil engineering projects. Working closely with other professionals including Construction Managers, Planners and Design teams you will value engineer solutions for clients and secure work to ensure continued company growth: More specifically:
- Examine incoming tenders to review contract potential and value engineer solutions for the client
- Prepare rate for each item within the BOQ from first principles, technical knowledge and experience.
- Produce tender report in preparation for tender adjudication.
- Attend pre & post contract reviews and client meetings (a great opportunity to gain exposure to project planning, design and costing).
- Measuring & ‘Taking-Off’ quantities from drawings.
- Sourcing pre-project information and supporting supplier / sub-contractor quotations, agreements & enquiries.
- Examine contract obligations.
You will have
To be successful as Estimator you will have:
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying or Construction Management (preferred)
- Main-contractor experience in varying projects inc. residential, bulk earthworks, groundworks, substructure concrete, paving, roadworks, drainage and/or RC frame
- Ability to work methodically in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- A confident communicator with demonstrable interpersonal skills
- Proven track record on projects over €5m
- Leadership ambition
You will get
As Estimator you will enjoy competitive salary, generous annual leave & comprehensive benefits package:
- Salary is competive, likely £60K-£80K negotiable
- Company car/car allowance
- 26 days holiday per annum (*Plus Bank Holidays)
- Staff car park, cafe, and gymnasium
- Competitive benefits package
- Enrolment into company pension scheme
- Ongoing mentoring from Group leadership
You can apply
To the Estimator job by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org , or give me a call at 01275 331307.