You will like
Working for this leading construction contrator, majoring on civil engineering and operating across the UK and Ireland. They have balanced portfolio across civil and structural projects and cover commercial infrastructure, utilities and specialist jobs including demolition, asbestos removal & waste management. They have an impressive order book with varied projects from £100K - £100M. This is a company with name and reputation that can open doors with clients and a professional approach to work-winning. Culture wise they care about employees and are passionate about delivering quality projects and client satisfaction
You will like
The job as Estimator, based from brand new regional office in glasgow, where you will be working within a dynamic and expanding team and Company. This is an excellent opportunity to progress your career, working alongside a top-gun commercial team. You will be proud to be working on presigious projects such as V&A Museum & Aberdeen Conference Centre - ACC.
You will be responsible for the preparation and subsequent negotiation of Tender submissions for a range of prestigious civil engineering projects. Working closely with other professionals including Construction Managers, Planners and Design teams you will value engineer solutions for clients and secure work to ensure continued company growth: More specifically:
- Examine incoming tenders to review contract potential and value engineer solutions for the client
- Prepare rate for each item within the BOQ from first principles, technical knowledge and experience.
- Produce tender report in preparation for tender adjudication.
- Attend pre & post contract reviews and client meetings (a great opportunity to gain exposure to project planning, design and costing).
- Measuring & ‘Taking-Off’ quantities from drawings.
- Sourcing pre-project information and supporting supplier / sub-contractor quotations, agreements & enquiries.
- Examine contract obligations.
You will have
Many Estimators have joined this flexible firm, from a site-based Engineering, Project Management or Quantity Surveying role, and we would welcome the chance to speak with you if you are interested in doing the same. Previous experience is not always required – with full support and training provided, we can help to draw on your practical/technical experience to fast-track your transition to Estimating.
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering (preferred)
- Site-based, sub-contractor experience in varying projects inc. bulk earthworks, groundworks, substructure concrete, paving, roadworks, drainage and/or RC frame
- A confident communicator with demonstrable interpersonal skills and workplace relationships
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Electronic measuring experience, preferably CADMeasure (preferred)
You will get
As Estimator you will enjoy competitive salary, generous annual leave & comprehensive benefits package:
- Salary is competive £35K-£65K Negotiable
- 37.5 hour week. Monday - Thursday, 09.00am to 5.30pm (1 hour lunch). Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (½ hour lunch).
- 26 days holiday per annum (*Plus Bank Holidays)
- Staff car park and gymnasium
- Staff canteen with complimentary breakfast & subsidised lunchtime meals
- Competitive benefits package
You can apply
To the Estimator job by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com , or give me a call at 01275 331307.