You will like
Working for this leading construction contrator, majoring on civil engineering and operating across the UK and Ireland. They have balanced portfolio across civil and structural projects and cover commercial infrastructure, utilities and specialist jobs including demolition, asbestos removal & waste management. They have an impressive order book with varied projects from £100K - £100M. This is a company with name and reputation that can open doors with clients and a professional approach to work-winning. Culture wise they care about employees and are passionate about delivering quality projects and client satisfaction
You will like
The job as Estimator, based from new regional office in Dublin Ireland, where you will be working within a dynamic and expanding team and Company, where an opening to develop an Estimating function has been created. This role would be ideal if you have robust practical and technical experience in a civil estimating role in Ireland, coupled with leadership aspirations.
You will be responsible for the preparation and subsequent negotiation of tender submissions for a range of civil engineering projects throughout Ireland, so extensive experience in pricing within the Irish market is essential. You will work closely with our Operational, Planning and Design teams, so that along with pricing you will also be able to identify value engineering solutions for our clients in order to add value and opportunity to our tenders. More specifically:
- Examine incoming tenders to review contract potential, opportunity and value engineer solutions
- Price BOQ’s from first principles and have extensive technical knowledge and experience to produce accurate and competitive tenders.
- Measure & take-off quantities from drawings to cross check quantities against BOQ’s or to produce BOQ’s.
- Source pre-project information required and appraisal of supplier and sub-contractor quotations.
- Able to identify contract risks in order to compile a risk register for the tender appraisal.
- Produce reports for tender adjudication meetings with the operational and commercial teams.
- Attend pre & post contract reviews and client meetings.
- Examine contract obligations
You will have
To be successful as Estimatorm you will have:
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying or Construction Management (preferred)
- Main-contractor experience in varying projects inc. residential, bulk earthworks, groundworks, substructure concrete, paving, roadworks, drainage and/or RC frame
- Ability to work methodically in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- A confident communicator with demonstrable interpersonal skills
- Proven track record on projects over €5m
- Leadership ambition
You will get
As Estimator you will enjoy competitive salary, generous annual leave & comprehensive benefits package:
- Salary is competive, likely £60K-£80K negotiable
- Company car/car allowance
- 26 days holiday per annum (*Plus Bank Holidays)
- Staff car park and gymnasium
- Competitive benefits package
- Enrolment into company pension scheme
- Ongoing mentoring from Group leadership
You can apply
To the Estimator job by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org , or give me a call at 01275 331307.