You will like
Working for a successful and established blue chip regional contractor specializing in the civil engineering, highways, water and rail sectors. They boast and impressive turnover and healthy project ratio and are well respected. They are now seeking to employ an experienced Fabrications Head Manager for their business based in the West Midlands.
You will like
The Head of Fabrications role itself where you will be responsible for the strategic leadership of design, manufacture and installation of fabrication projects, reporting to the General Manager. You will contribute proactively to the Senior Management Team and collaborate effectively with their support functions.
- Identify areas of development for new sectors, products and customers.
- Deliver innovations to further develop stream performance, proactively seek new opportunities to support targeted external growth.
- Responsible for creating development and investment proposals within the stream.
- Attend prestart meetings to ensure all opportunities are maximised, capitalise on new contracts and opportunities by working closely with the regional businesses
- Responsible for meeting turnover, profit and margin targets. Ensuring margin is maximised through buying and selling at optimum prices.
- Analyse stream performance and provide updates during monthly business reviews.
- Provide monthly financial project forecast reports to the Finance Manager
- Prepare timely exception reports for projects that under-perform
- Notify the customer of any potential variations at the earliest opportunity to agree actions
- Post financial review on all completed projects - invoiced value vs. original quotation
- Maintain a good level of understanding of suppliers used and their performance making sure they meet our vendor assessment criteria
- Establish customer needs, and how they will measure performance
- Complete customer satisfaction measurement by appropriate methods, ensuring all actions are communicated and improvements are implemented.
- Identify and react swiftly to resolve problems before they escalate.
- Ensure the team respond to all customer enquiries efficiently and effectively.
- Establish reasons why on all lost opportunities and follow up on preventative actions for future quotations/tenders.
- Establish good relationships and communication at all times.
You will have
- Proven strategic leadership experience and ability in a similar size / type of business
- Significant, positive relationships with potential supply chains
- Experience within the fabrications industry
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively at all levels as required
- Experience in building collaborative relationships with existing and new clients and suppliers
- Ability to understand and interpret working drawings
- In depth understanding of welding procedures and welders qualifications
- Experience in compliance with relevant industry codes
- IT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office package as a minimum
You will get
- Competitive Salary ~£50K
- Company car/car allowance
- 5% Company pension contribution
- Life Assurance at 2 x notional salary
- Single persons private medical cover
- Permanent Health Cover
You can apply
By pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com , or if you prefer feel free to give me a call at 01275 331307.