You will like
Operating within this thriving privately held property development and management business. Renowned for high profile aquisitions and prestigious portfolios in London, they also have commercial & residential property portfolios dotted around strategic locations in the UK. Their inhouse ethos and delivery model gives efficiency and control and certainly makes them an employer of choice for a discening Facilities Manager FM.
You will like
The Facilities Manager FM job itself which sits within a supportive in-house property management team, based from landmark HQ in Islington. The scope is to undertake the facilities management role in connection with a number of multi-occupied properties, consisting of central London and West End office buildings, high street retail, industrial and mixed use properties, both in the London area and Nationwide.
To deliver an appropriate property and facilities service for internal & external customers in accordance with best industry practice, the contract terms and statutory requirements. To manage on-site building managers and staff in the delivery of the facilities management service. To work as part of the Commercial Property Management team, working alongside both the accounting, letting team and legal team members. To attend client, contractor and tenants meetings in connection with all aspects of the day to day property management role.
Day to Day Duties
- To undertake the facilities management role in connection with a number of multi-occupied properties, consisting of office buildings, high street retail, industrial and mixed use properties
- To be responsible for the preparation of the service charge budgets in consultation with the Head of Department & Accounting
- Supervising on-site staff and in the procurement of service contractors to undertake and perform maintenance and contract duties
- To assist in the preparation of financial forecasts and annual maintenance expenditure.
- To liaise with the accounts team on funding availability together with the managing of expenditure on a monthly basis.
- To assist in streamlining invoices from contractors at all times. To approve all invoices within the given authority limits.
- Liaising with tenants on all matters, whether this relates to Landlord’s common areas or specific parts of the tenant’s accommodation.
- To ensure the implementation of all necessary health and safety procedures. To ensure compliance with Health and Safety Policy.
- To assist in special FM related projects from time to time, including major repairs/refurbishments.
You will have
- To show commercial Property/Facilities management experience in multitenanted multi-site commercial office portfolios.
- Preferably IOSH or NEBOSH Certificated.
- Experienced in reading leases and legal documents and interpreting repairing and maintenance responsibilities and liabilities.
- Capable of adopting a very hands on flexible and practical approach to property and Facilities Management.
- Good experience in Property Management computer software, preferably Horizon.
- To show ability to work within a team and to bring value to the team.
- Good communication skills at all levels and able to present the company in a professional manner.
- Experience with the Meridan Health and Safety Database would be preferable or similar systems.
- To have good experience of interpreting lease clauses, liabilities and obligations.
- Experienced in the setting up of new management instructions including multi-occupied service charge properties
- A good understanding of property management accounts functions, including credit control
- Dealing with general tenant service charge queries and enquiries.
- A car driver would be preferable.
You will get
- Salary Circa £45k depending on experience
- Death in Service Insurance equating to 4 x Annual Salary
- Private Health cover after a qualifying period.
- 25 Days Annual Leave.
You can apply
By pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org, or if you prefer feel free to give me a call at 01275 331307