You will like
Operating within highly respected multi-national Enginering Consultancy with high pedigree in Mechnical Electrical & Building Services Engineering. You will join a highly successful Fire Safety Engineering Team which works closely with clients to deliver novel and innovative solutions. These roles are pivotal to the continued growth of a thriving the Risk Management division within the group. They are an excellent employer with a flexible work environment, competitive remuneration and benefits package, in-house training programs, a strong emphasis on health and safety, support for continuing education and professional development and the opportunity to collaborate with other technical experts and professionals.
You will like
The Fire Engineer job itself where you will offer clients extensive design knowledge and experience of fire safety engineering from due diligence studies to fire strategies involving complex smoke, people and structural modelling. Their unique approach combines fire engineering with an understanding of architecture.
You will work closely with organisations such as the Society for Fire Protection (SFPE), Smoke Control Association, BSI Group and Institution of Fire Engineers. This is a position with a highly regarded company and promises excellent career opportunities on work of a varied and responsible nature.
- Developing fire safety strategies for planning and building regulations submissions.
- Developing and producing designs, drawings, and reports, ensuring all quality standards are met.
- Effectively delivering detailed calculations.
- Having an appreciation of UK and international regulations and design guides, to ensure that work undertaken is relevant and applicable.
- Able to work with, and have an appreciation of the integration of, other construction professionals’ requirements for the project.
- Ensuring open communication among all project team members ensuring feedback is provided and acted upon efficiently in a timely manner.
- Attending design team meetings, design workshops, client meetings, site meetings, pre-contract and post-contract meetings.
- Provide fire management plans and inspect fire installations as and when required.
- Travel to clients or projects in the UK, and occasionally internationally, according to project demands.
- Working knowledge of software analysis tools – evacuation, smoke and fire modelling, heat radiation models and structural fire modelling.
You will have
- Fire Engineering degree not essential, but you'll have relevant degree in technicaldiscipline
- You will have keen interest and a good technical knowledge in fire safety design.
- You will be IT literate with a working understanding of fire modelling software analysis tools.
- You should have excellent communication skills and an interest in working in a team environment.
- You have good organisational and planning skills and commitment to deliver to demanding timescales.
You will get
A competitive salary, likely £30K-£50K + Car/allowance + Package tba.
You can apply
By pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com or if you prefer feel free to give me a call at 01275 331307