You will like
Working for a reputable UK engineering company that is recognised as a leader generators & power generation! They family owned, with a 50 year history & strong reputation. They are also ambitious, growing and will mke great employer for a strong service Technician with generator experience who may be looking for a unique challenge.
You will like
The Generator Engineer / Field Service Engineer job itself which is an excellent opportunity to work with the largest generator specialist in the South West. Living within or close to Bristol you will support the Service Department in the service and maintenance of customers’ diesel generators and our own rental fleet. As you will be liaising with both external customers and departments within the company, a strong customer focus is needed. Reports to Service Manager. Hours: Full time (37.5 hours). Positions availble in Bristol, Bridgend & Birmingham
- Planned service and maintenance work on customer and rental diesel generators.
- Service, fault find and carry out breakdown repairs to customers and rental equipment
- Site surveys requests as required.
- Company on call rota system currently 1 week in 12.
- Comply with the Company Health & Safety Policy, including carrying out general housekeeping to ensure work areas are tidy. This includes company vehicles.
- Follow ISO 9001:2015 quality management standards, ISO 14001: 2015 environmental management standards and occupational health and safety management best practice, proactively contributing to the company’s continuous improvement programme.
You will have
- A relevant qualification in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering/Diesel Fitting/ Plant i.e. City & Guilds, BTEC or equivalent.
- OR to have served/completed an approved apprenticeship in Mechanical /Electrical Engineering
- OR proven experience servicing and repairing generator sets predominantly FG Wilson, Cummins etc.
- Possess good fault finding abilities and strong communication skills
- Previous experience of working in a Field Service environment advantageous
- Full Driving Licence ESSENTIAL(with towing categories preferred)
- Good customer awareness with the ability to respond to customers’ requirements effectively & efficiently
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Holder of ECS / CSCS Card preferred but not essential as training can be given
NB CRB checks to be carried out and any offer is dependent on satisfactory references being obtained
You will get
Competitive Salary, likely £30K-£40K
Comprehensive Benefits: 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, company pension scheme (currently 3%), private medical scheme and life assurance scheme.
You can apply
By pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org , or if you prefer feel free to give me a call at 01275 331307.