You will like
Working for a reputable US & Global engineering company that is recognised as a leader in the locomotive business! They are ambitious, growing and are a great employer for a strong prject or service supervosor / manager with technical / engineering background ideally in heavy plant / equipment who may be looking for a unique challenge as a technical advisor.
You will like
The Locomotive Rehabilitation Technical Advisor job where you wil provide technical advisory services on the day to day execution of the locomotive wreck repair and rehabilitation programs at Customer sites in Egypt to ensure that the program milestones are met on time with the utmost quality. In this role, you will work directly with the customer project manager, hourly and management employees and guide them to adhere to work instructions and standard safety and quality culture. In addition, you will provide hands on training where required to ensure that the customer work force is adequately capable of performing the assigned tasks. This role will require close coordination within manufacturing, fulfillment organizations, account manager and Customer´s project manager / shops supervisors.
- Act as the primary interface for rehabilitation execution between Program Management, Manufacturing, Sourcing and Materials team to support Customer shops.
- Provide technical support and coaching to customer craft personnel for the disassembly, assembly and test of locomotive at the customer site.
- Develop processes aimed at safely and accurately performing operations and repairs to locomotives as required
- Work closely with engineering to drive resolution of specification issues and production changes as identified by the Product Manager
- Schedule, resolve issues, track material availability and provide technical advice for out of scope repair work.
- Explore process streamlining and improvements to positively affect lead times and complications associated with materials required at less than standard lead time schedules.
- Lead project team through a regular system of milestone reviews to identify and manage risks, monitor operational performance against the agreed timescales, and instigates corrective action, where appropriate
- Ensure project details are properly documented to provide evidence of compliance and simplify implementation of similar projects in the future
- Provide additional project and/or material support to the Modernizations team as required
- Participate in development of implementation of future modernization projects at customer sites, third party vendors or sites, domestically or internationally.
- Develop and nurture relationships with internal and external customers.
You will have
As Locomotive Rehabilitation Technical Advisor, you will have
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in heavy equipment Engineering or Manufacturing environment (Locomotive experience preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing projects or programs
- Minimum of 3 years of Field Service or Repair Services experience
- Willingness and ability to travel to domestic and international locations.
- PC proficiency: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, Access
- Solid Project Management Skills: ability to plan & drive project execution and clearly track status
- Strong Communication Skills: ability to clearly articulate progress/status to internal/external customers at an executive level.
- 5 years of locomotive repair or rehabilitation experience
- Ability to manage effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a matrix organization across channels and cultures
- Ability to energize teams through inclusiveness and connection with people
- Demonstrated commitment for process improvement
- Must have unrestricted access to work in Egypt
You will get
- Competitive salary, EGP 430K-570K, (USD $25.5K-$34K), Package TBA
You can apply
To the Locomotive Rehabilitation Technical Advisor by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org , or give me a call at 01275 331307.