You will like
Operating within a UK leader in metal production for multiple industries and applications. They are renowned in the industry, have 75+ years history and strong pedigree. They have strong leadership team and are respected in the local Bridgnorth, Shropshire community as a sustainable ethical business. This is a large and complex facility & fleet and they will make a great employer for an experienced Service Engineer.
You will like
The Maintenance Electrician job which is a site based job and exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join the team in Bridgnorth, Shropshire on a full time, permanent basis. You will be responsible to detect and solve electrical faults on various electrical equipment on site. To carry out preventative maintenance on specific equipment as directed and install new equipment when necessary.
- Following instructions from the Leading Technician
- Detect, localise and rectify electrical faults on plant and equipment throughout the site.
- Perform planned and preventative maintenance on equipment as directed.
- Work with minimum of direct supervision on allotted tasks within regulations e.g IEE and company procedures.
- Produce diagrams for communication purposes, explaining problems and suggestions for repair.
- Perform other tasks related to the work of the maintenance department as directed by the Leading Technician.
- Instruct trainees when necessary.
- Keep areas of work in a clean and tidy condition.
- Following a period of training to undertake repairs and routine quality checks to X-ray gauge systems.
- Ensure safe working practices are understood and adhered to.
- To ensure that logs are kept of shift activities and locations relating to breakdown and planned maintenance activities.
- To assist with the covering of holidays, illness and general absenteeism for associates on opposite shifts.
42 hours per week four shift/continental pattern (2 x 12 hour days, 2 x 12 hour nights, 4 rest days)
You will have
- A sound knowledge of the I.E.E. regulations and electrical supply regulations.
- Conversant with regulations and amendments which arise, in relation to safe working practices,
- Specialised requirements for high voltage systems and the nature of electrical hazard.
- Understands the engineering database systems as relevant to planned maintenance and logging of shift activities.
- Able to design simple electrical systems and draw schematic diagrams then transfer the information into practical use.
- Knows how to use universal measuring instruments as well as some specific company related instruments.
- An understanding of the working and construction of DC/AC machines
- An understanding of mechanical systems including servo controlled equipment, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Must be able to design and manufacture electrical control panels.
- Understands PLC systems and the use of the associated tools for the interrogation of the software.
- An understanding of x-ray gauge control systems as applied on site.
- Understands National and International codes and symbols used on drawings and specifications.
- Knows all the Health and Safety rules applicable to each department regarding their own and other operators safety.
- Knows all the fire and evacuation procedures as well as understanding all the automatic fire extinguishing equipment.
- Good team player
- Able to work unsupervised
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Good time keeping
- Strong mechanical bias
You will get
A competitive salary, £29k basic + £5k shift allowance, 23 days holiday, health cash plan, £500+ Christmas bonus, Company matched pension 3%-7%
You can apply
By pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com , or if you prefer feel free to give me a call at 01275 331307.