You will like
Working as a Managing Quantity Surveyor for this specialist civil engineering contractor with long industry pedigree. They have a loyal customer base and have a reputation for reliability and common-sense . They stick to civils and work across highways including bridges, coastal & ports, building, infratructure & utilities. They are 'family feel' and you will be part of a loyal stable commercial core team.
You will like
The Managing Quantity Surveyor role itself where you will report directly into the Commercial Manager and work closely with Project Managers while providing reports on each live site, as well as being involved in work winning. More specifically:
- Ensure regional staff comply with commercial procedures and contractual requirements.
- Guide and advise regional staff on contractual and financial issues affecting the commercial aspect of the region.
- Provide contractual and commercial advice to the operational team on site to support them in their decision making.
- Contract change control
- Subcontract procurement
- Subcontract Management
- Negotiate and communicate effectively with internal and external companies
- Administration of payments
- Prepare valuations and applications for payment in accordance with the form of contract
- Measurement of works on site and from drawings
- Prepare and present commercial reports, cost plans and cash flow forecasts for senior managers
You will have
To be successful as the Managing Quantity Surveyor you will have:
- Some experience or knowledge of the NEC suite of contracts is desirable
- Experience gained within the construction, highways, groundworks and or structures.
- HND or Degree in Quantity Surveying (or other commercially related discipline)
- Appropriate CSCS card
- A good standard of proficiency in MS Excel is required for this role.
- A full UK driving licence is essential.
You will get
- A competitive salary, £50K – £60K Neg
- Company car or Car Allowance
- Life assurance cover
- Company pension scheme up to 6%
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.
You can apply
To the Managing Quantity Surveyor job by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com, or if you prefer feel free to give me a call at 01275 331307.