You will like
Working for this small high-tech engineering company that 'punches above it's weight', delivering world leading high speed electric motors and drives for automotive air compressors used in hydrogen fuel cell, ICE downsizing and other varied applications. Due to unprecedented demand in this sector as transportation is revolutionised and the quality of their products, this company is experiencing sustainable growth. You will be based from a world class facility in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, where they are proud to manufacture within the UK.
You will like
The Power Electronics Engineer role which will suit an experienced, innovative and enthusiastic power electronics engineer ready to join this busy engineering team to play a key part in ensuring future success within a fast-moving industry. The position will focus on the design, build and test of power electronics systems for high speed automotive motor applications, reporting to the Senior Electrical Engineer and working within the multi-disciplinary engineering team
- Generate designs based on technical specifications for high speed motor drives.
- Design and simulate power electronics, gate drive and control circuits including physical layout.
- Assist in building and testing of prototype power electronics and control systems.
- Provide technical liaison and support for customers worldwide.
- Participate in and lead the creation of functional specifications, DVP, FMEA, test procedures.
- Manage customer-driven and internal projects.
- Assist with design and verification of embedded control software.
- Work with mechanical engineers to integrate electronics in to products including thermal design.
- Identify opportunities for improvements in functionality and manufacture.
You will have
To be successful as Power Electronics Engineer you wll need
- Extensive experience of power electronics design, at least 5 years, preferably 10.
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Experience of working within an automotive environment on new product designs.
- Knowledge of automotive standards and working practices (e.g. ISO16750).
- PCB circuit design and optimisation (performance and cost).
You will get
As Power Electronics Engineer you will command, salary £55K-£65K + Package (Share Option, Flexi-time, Pension, Free Parking, Company Events)
You can apply
To Power Electronics Engineer by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org , or give me a call at 01275 331307.