You will like
Operating within a world leader in the innovation and manufacture of high performance plastics & components, for today's most technically demanding industries and applications as a Product Designer. They are renowned in the industry and have strong pedigree. They offer a wide range of product & tooling solutions worldwide. As Quality Manager you can play a key role in keeping them ahead of the curve and develop a world class career with this world class manufacturer.
You will like
The Product Designer job itself which is an exciting opportunity for a creative Product Designer to design and develop new products that will build our brands. To be responsible for all aspects of product and component design, using polymers including integration into other components such as metal and composites. To support Marketing in the development of materials to increase sales examples would include packaging, point of sales, literature and eshots.
- Understanding developments within the industry (e.g. new material or composites, customer requirements and competitor analysis).
- To evaluate consumer needs and develop product proposals to solve these requirements
- To lead design projects, designing complete products and component parts from the initial design sketches through to tooling manufacture
- To use SolidWorks to generate 3D models of product designs for printing of prototypes and for MoldFlow analysis.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of relevant standards and regulations and ensuring compliance in all designs.
- To complete 2D drawings with the correct tolerances for the applicable materials and processes. To maintain and file all CAD drawings and revisions
- To assist in the generation of launch plans of new products and graphics to increase the sales
- To program manager new business introduction projects.
You will have
- Degree in design, engineering or relevant technical discipline
- 3+ years experience in design capacity ideally in manufacturing.
- Ability to produce 2D & 3D drawings in SolidWorks
- Good verbal, numerical and analystical skills
- A 'team players' attitude and flexible approach
You will get
- Salary ~£30K, depending on experience per annum + benefits
- Hours of Work: Monday to Friday Permanent days