You will like
Working within a world leader in the innovation and manufacture of high performance products, for today's most technically demanding industries and applications, from world class campus facility in North London, Hertfordshire. They are renowned in the industry, have c100 years history and strong pedigree. They boast manufacturing and research facilities and a distribution network worldwide. You can play a key role in keeping them ahead of the curve in respect to UK manufacturing.
You will like
The Production Manager job itself where you will be proactively leading the production team, embedding behavioural safety and continuous improvement culture. There is plenty of scope for immediate and continuous improvement within the business which is growing through acquisition and organic growth. You will be responsible for the on going development and change management in your department, an excellent opportunity for an individual with experience and ambition in a growing company and an exciting time to join us.
More specifically you will be responsible for the following:-
- Manage the production team operational activities, ensure KPIs are met, and functions completed on time and according to budget, quality, safety and factory requirements
- Provide direction and leadership to Manufacturing Supervisors, ensuring achievement of productivity, quality, financial and EHS targets
- Ensure that all Safe Systems of Work, SOPs and risk assessments are up to date, and maintain written procedures for all processes in line with company and regulatory standards
- Ensure that any accidents, incidents and near misses are thoroughly investigated to the root cause, and ensure preventative actions are in place
- Champion continuous improvement, working in line with 5S principles
- Analyse production data and identify areas for improvement and the cost benefits
- Manage and support Capital Expenditure projects
- Manage labour and resources efficiently (including executing a training plan for the production team) to meet and exceed all KPIs
You will have
The requirements for the Production Manager role are:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a continuous improvement manufacturing environment
- A proven track record in managing and delivering continuous improvement projects
- A proven knowledge of being able to analyse production data and use as a foundation for focussed improvement
- Experience of driving a culture of root cause analysis to problem solving
- Able to demonstrate effective leadership, establishing clear expectations, instilling rigour and discipline into the team, supporting employee engagement and motivation
- Experience of managing production budgets and Capital Expenditure projects autonomously
- A highly effective communicator with gravitas, drive and enthusiasm
- NEBOSH or IOSH qualification (desirable)
- Experience of project management software (desirable)
- Continuous improvement qualification e.g. WCM or Six Sigma (desirable)
You will get
As Production Manager you will command, competitive salary, Circa £55,000 per annum (negotiable dependent upon experience) + excellent benefits including bonus (paying 10%+ per annum in the last 3 financial years), pension with employer contribution up to 8%, private healthcare etc.
You can apply
To the Production Manager job by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org , or call at 01275 331307.