You will like
This client side, public sector, 2 year construction management job opportunity, operating within a leading UK waste management company, who provide our customers with a total waste management service for the reduction, reuse, recycling, recovery and disposal of waste. You will play a key role in bringing two major new site/projects to fruition. They're acknowledged to be 'the benchmark' for quality in waste management practice and innovation, making exciting career prospects for you.
You will like
The Pre-Construction Project Manager job itself where you will work closely with the Managing Director and Senior Leadership Team of the business helping to deliver complex projects (waste recycling) from the design stage through to hand over.
Acting as the client and customer representative, you’ll lead and deliver the projects and programme (valued up to £8 million) in conjunction with colleagues in the wider team. Regularly reporting on the progress of projects to the Board, clients and other stakeholders will be key in this role. You’ll review and managing costs, contribute to business cases and liaise with contractors and consultants.
You will have
The successful Pre-Construction Project Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field
- CIOB, RIBA, ICE, APM Project Management Qualification (Desirable)
- Proven track record of running multiple projects from Pre-Contract to completion.
- Extensive knowledge of current Health & Safety Laws, Building Regulations and Quality Standards.
- Familiar with construction software packages.
- Good understanding of forms of contract such as JCT, D&B and NEC3.
- You’ll know how to organise project delivery to time, budget and agreed quality, using structured project management techniques to plan and control construction programmes.
- Effective at developing briefs, familiar with the project procurement process and standard contract forms and confident managing engineering biased designs to completion.
- Whether you’re motivating and leading teams of technical professionals or liaising with colleagues, key customers and stakeholders, your all-round communication skills are essential.
You will get
Salary - £50,000 to £65,000 + Car Allowance + Benefits. Bristol, 2 years fixed term contract
The Pre-Construction Project Manager will receive a competitive salary, car allowance and benefits, 25 days holiday entitlement; occupational sickness entitlement; access to a defined contribution pension scheme; employee assistance programme; comprehensive training and life assurance of two times salary.
You can apply
By pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org , or if you prefer feel free to give me a call at 01275 3313