You will like
Working as a Quantity Surveyor for this leading independently owned Construction Company, majoring on civil engineering and operating across the UK and Ireland. They have balanced portfolio across civil and structural projects and cover commercial, residential infrastructure, utilities and specialist jobs including demolition, asbestos removal waste management. They have an impressive order book with varied projects from 1M 20M+. This is a company with name and reputation that can open doors with clients and suppliers making your job easier. Culture wise they care about employees and are passionate about delivering quality projects and client satisfaction
You will like
The job as Quantity Surveyor, based at commonwealth games construcion site offices in Birmingham, West Mids, plus some travel within the region. The job purpose is to administer commercial funtion and manage costs on multiple groundworks, hard & soft landscaping & enabling works projects and likely sticking with the program through construction phases. More specifically, you will administer NEC contracts, stakeholder management, cost management and reporting, change management, procurement subcontract management & payment, contractual compliance, quality & risk managment, innovation. You will also foster productive relationships internally externally.
NB Full detailed job specification available prior to CV submission/interview on request.
You will have
- ~5+ Years QS experience
- Expertise in administering high value, multi-disciplinary construction project work packages
- Contractual literacy utilising forms of contract such as the NEC3 suite.
- Degree qualified in quantity surveying or other relevant business discipline.
- Professional qualification and/or membership of the RICS an advantage.
- Comfortable communicating with all levels of Senior Management and Stakeholders
- Demonstrates the ability to build excellent relationships
- Acute attention to detail
- Demonstrates previous successes in delivering against deadlines
- Experience in writing contract communications
- Experience in creating cost reports and CVRs (Cost value reconciliations)
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the construction process
- Demonstrate proficiency in a range of IT systems
You will get
You will enjoy the kudos and credibility of working for a civil construction market leader and will have gevery chance of career progression.
Salary is solid at £50K-60K+ Neg on experience, Car/allowance, Bonus and competitive benefits package applies.
You can apply
By pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to , or if you prefer feel free to give me a call at 01275 331307.