You will like
Working for a reputable UK engineering company that is recognised as a leader in EDM (Electrical Discharge Machine) products in the UK. EDM is a machining method used to machine any conductive materials including hard metals. This firms customers benefit from lifetime ownership technical support which gives the company a competitive edge in the market place and also ensures maximum performance from customer’s long-term investment. They are ambitious, growing and are a great employer for a strong service engineer with electrical / electronic engineering background who may be looking for a unique challenge.
You will like
The Service Engineer Electrical job where you will provide technical support for multiple product lines. You will be part of a 'top-gun' technical team who perform to a high standard to ensure that their reputation as one of the top EDM suppliers worldwide is maintained.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Coordinate installation technical service and on occasions to provide product training to clients and more junior technicians on all Sodick machinery. Extensive travel to client premises required;
- Devise control systems to monitor both electrical/electronic and mechanical faults;
- Establish techniques to improve quality, durability and machine performance;
- Evaluate application problems that can occur on-site where necessary;
- Examine and advise customer regarding equipment malfunction and service issues;
- Communicate with customer and internal management regarding technical analysis and determination;
- Carry out calibration of machine tool and generator setting for NADCAP audits;
- Technical telephone support to the customer involving first line application problems;
- Repair or modify P.C. boards / Carry out software updates;
- Preparing specifications for materials to be used for technical support;
- Document all work done in a legible and technically sound manner.
You will have
- Relevant City & Guilds qualifications / HNC in Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
- Expertise in electrical/electronic practises and experience in pneumatics and hydraulics;
- Excellent IT skills for networking, software updates and reporting;
- Excellent customer service skills, including ability to maintain integrity and ethics in all conversations and actions with customers;
- Self-motivated, able to work with no supervision and to calmly handle stressful situations to deal with customer requirements and technical issues;
- Possess technical curiosity and ability to diagnose and solve production issues;
- Detail-oriented and able to get work completed in a manufacturing environment;
- Must be willing to spend on average 1 night per week in hotel accommodation;
- Be a team player and have a flexible attitude towards working overtime when required;
- Good technical communication skills beneficial in order to liaise with Sodick head office engineers and less experienced technicians.
- Ability to produce technical reports.
- Experience in operating and fault finding on EDM machinery.
- Degree or equivalent in Electronic or Electrical Engineering
You will get
- Salary: £38k - £42k
- Overtime: Time in leu
- Benefits: Private Health Insurance, company car, mobile, pension, 33 days holiday including bank holidays.
- Hours: Full time days – dependent on customer requirements, sometimes finish early, sometimes will have to stay later.
- Location: Can be based anywhere in the UK. Field and office role. Up to 80% travel covering the UK and Ireland. Over nights stays often required.
You can apply
By pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org , or if you prefer feel free to give me a call at 01275 331307.