You will like
Operating within a UK leader in metal production for multiple industries and applications. They are renowned in the industry, have 75+ years history and strong pedigree. They have strong leadership team and are respected in the local Bridgnorth, Shropshire community as a sustainable ethical business. This is a large and complex facility & fleet and they will make a great employer for an experienced Service Engineer.
You will like
The Service Engineer - FLT job which is a site based job and exciting opportunity for a Service Engineer to join the team in Bridgnorth, Shropshire on a full time, permanent basis
Working for the company Mobile Fleet Maintenance department, the purpose of this role is to ensure the mobile fleet vehicles are repaired, serviced and maintained as per the manufacture’s service and repair standards. Ensure all vehicles and workshop equipment are maintained adequately and are in good, safe operational condition at all times. This should be done while supporting the operational needs of other departments to avoid disruption while still providing the highest level of safety to employees and protection of all company assets.
Due to the nature of the business, the incumbent should be aware that under special circumstances (e.g. breakdowns, outage periods, etc.) longer working hours or working over weekends/holidays might be required to fulfil the duties of the above role. In addition to this, there will be occasions when the technician will be required to respond out of hours to provide support in emergency situations.
Week 1 = 8.00am - 4.30pm Mon – Thurs, 8.00 am – 4.00pm Friday
Week 2 = 9.00 am – 5.30pm Mon –Thurs, 9.00am - 5.00pm Friday
You will have
- NVQ 1,2, &3 or City and Guild in mechanical engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ recent workshop/field experience in a similar role
- Experience in mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems
- Diagnostic skills in fault finding of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic issues
- A sound background in mechanical FLT repairs and servicing
- Good knowledge of FLT’s ideally gained through a combination of a formal apprenticeship
- Established skills in maintenance and repairs of FLT’s, diagnostics, welding, electrics and hydraulics
- Good understanding and ability to work from service or parts manuals as well as drawings
- Good knowledge in use of workshop equipment and tools
- A strong understanding of the importance of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Good team player
- Able to work unsupervised
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Good time keeping
- Strong mechanical bias
You will get
A competitive salary, ~£35K + OT + Bonus + Package (Including healthcare & contributory pension)
You can apply
By pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com , or if you prefer feel free to give me a call at 01275 331307.