You will like
Working for a high pedigree commercial vehicle services organisation with a family feel but impressive blue chip client base in distrbution. They are expanding UK wide which is the reason for this recruitment campaign. They offer premium sales service & parts support in the truck & trailer sector, and provide unrivalled installation, service, maintenance and breakdown support for fleet operators and are specialist in refrigeration & taillift. They are a great employer for experienced Truck & Trailer Engineers/Technicians who are looking for a new challenge or mechanical electrical & refrigeration trades looking for a career path.
You will like
The job which is both varied and challenging and sits within a friendly supportive team. Generally, the role is to install, maintain and repair Thermo King and other manufacturer’s transport refrigeration equipment, in line with published guidance. Adhering to company policies and safe working practices for self and others, at all times. To monitor, inspect and assess fleet condition and operation making suggestions for corrective action where appropriate.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Installation, servicing and repair of vehicle powered (diesel engine) road transport refrigeration units,
- Limiting costs of stock used on contract accounts and maximising revenue generation in all areas.
- Optimise and maintain engineer van stock to maintain and enhance service delivery to MFS customers.
- Ensure relevant safety checks are carried out on the company van on a daily basis.
- Maintain product and customer requirements knowledge to meet ISO9002 standards at all times.
- Undertaking company training and self-development through the Certi-Tech certification process.
- Complete all relevant paperwork and on-line (PDA) requirements, keeping the customer informed.
- Assist with planning of installations and undertake installations and commissioning.
- Ensure customer service is a priority and conduct & corporate image (self, van, tools, spares) are first rate
You will have
Time Served as a Refrigeration/ Air Conditioning or Commercial Engineer with at least 5 Years experience. You are able to work on own initiative in a safe and professional manor on mechanics including engines , compressors and hydraulics.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent with at least 3 grade C’s or above.
- Qualified to 2078 Refrigerant Handling and 2079 F-Gas . Experienced in Electrics including 3 phase and brazing certified
- Ideally Completed Apprenticeship in Refrigeration / Air Conditioning / Commercial
- Thermo King Basic Refrigeration course to be completed
- Thermo King Basic Electrics course to be completed
- Thermo King Certi-Tech Bronze and above to be completed
- Thermo King Electrical Diagnostics (AC and DC) course to be completed
- Termo King thermostats, controllers, data loggers competence
- IT literate (Microsoft Office), PDA use
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Numerate, literate, methodical, systematic
- Attention to detail and target driven
- Customer Service Skills & Relationship building skills
- Punctuality and efficiency
You will get
A competitive salary, likely £25K-£27K + Vehicle + OT + Package and an interesting job with a successful & supportive company!
You can apply
By pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org , or if you prefer to feel free to give me a call at 01275 331307.