You will like
Working for a high pedigree commercial vehicle services organisation with a family feel but impressive blue chip client base in distrbution. They are expanding UK wide which is the reason for this recruitment campaign. They offer premium sales service & parts support in the truck & trailer sector, and provide unrivalled installation, service, maintenance and breakdown support for fleet operators and are specialist in refrigeration & taillift. They are a great employer for experienced Truck & Trailer Engineers/Technicians who are looking for a new challenge or mechanical electrical & refrigeration trades looking for a career path.
You will like
The job which is both varied and challenging and sits within a friendly supportive team. Generally, the role is to ensure all Light Commercial refrigerated vehicles are repaired to an excellent standard using safe working practices and where possible at the first attendance. To monitor, inspect and assess fleet condition and operation making suggestions for corrective action where appropriate.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Servicing and repair of vehicle powered (diesel engine) road transport refrigeration units
- Optimise and maintain engineer van stock to maintain and enhance service delivery to customers.
- Ensure relevant safety checks are carried out on the company van on a daily basis.
- Maintain product and customer requirements knowledge to meet ISO9002 standards at all times.
- Undertaking company training and self-development through the CertiTech certification process.
- To liaise with central control and/or the service centre with regard to job start and completion times
- Complete all relevant paperwork and on-line (PDA) requirements,keeping the customer informed.
- Perform other duties and projects which correspond to the general character of the position.
- Ensure adherence to company procedures in line with company policies, Health & safety procedures and ISO9002 standards.
- Apprentices and or engineers in training (EIT) may be supervised where applicable.
- Ensure customer service is a priority and conduct & corporate image (self, van, tools, spares) are first rate
- Ensure you operate the company vehicle in a safe manner and carry out regularly driver checks
- Become a trusted member of the team by working with minimal day to day supervision
- Incorporate a flexible approach to working hours to meet customer needs/requirements
- The ability to follow company health and safety guidelines whilst working on various sites
You will have
Time Served as a Refrigeration/ Air Conditioning or Commercial Engineer with at least 5 Years experience. You are able to work on own initiative in a safe and professional manor on mechanics including engines , compressors and hydraulics.
- Desirable - GCSE’s in Mathematics and English,
- Desirable - F-Gas 2079, electrical and mechanical certificates
- Essential – Mechanical and/or Refrigeration experience,
- Desirable – Experience of working in a mechanical environment, ability to read wiring diagrams
- Ability to work with minimal day to day supervision,
- Computer literate, excellent oral and written communication skills
You will get
A competitive salary, likely £25K-£27K + Vehicle + OT + Package and an interesting job with a successful & supportive company!
You can apply
By pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com , or if you prefer to feel free to give me a call at 01275 331307.