You will like
Working in Glasgow region, for this leading independently owned Construction Company, majoring on civil engineering and operating across the UK and Ireland. They have balanced portfolio across civil and structural projects and cover commercial infrastructure, utilities and specialist jobs including demolition, asbestos removal & waste management. They have an impressive order book with varied projects from £1M – £20M+. Culture wise they care about employees and are passionate about delivering quality projects and client satisfaction.
You will like
The job as Site Engineer as part of the site management team delivering on £Multi-M kudos projects in building, civil and structural projects in Glasgow region.
Site Engineers here, achieve their project goals through collaborative effort. You will have a flair for technical complexity and detail coupled with a core motivation to engage with, communicate, innovate and inspire the teams around you. As an integral part of the operations team, your role will be key to the successful delivery of our projects.
More specifically you will have responsibility for the achievement of Quality Standards, adhering to robust QITP, QA and QC procedures, and undertaking and reviewing QA/QC duties in line with the project requirements. The role includes managing parts of the construction project, providing expert technical advice and using developed skills in interpreting engineering information and surveying/setting out. Responsibilities include;
- Overseeing quality control and safety matters on the site, ensuring regulations are adhered to
- Problem resolution, including unexpected technical difficulties
- Setting out and controlling lines and levels on-site
- Raising RFIs
- Completing As-Built drawings for completed works
- Participating in daily meetings to discuss programme requirements
- Supervising and monitoring the site labour force and monitoring the work of subcontractors
- Nurturing and developing Graduates and Trainees
You will have
As Site Engineer you will have Ste Manager/Engineer experience in civils/structures experience ideally within general contractor / major project environment.
- Higher level qualification in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or Structural Engineering
- Proven setting out experience
- M.I.C.E – desirable/ AMICE / IEng
- CSCS / IOSH / SMSTS
- Temporary Works Coordinator
- Technically competent / Effective problem solver / Team Player / Methodical proactive planner
- Ability to programme/schedule
- Experienced within groundworks including drainage, highways and utility services, RC frame/ Concrete retain walls, slipfom, rebar
- Self-delivery experience
- Desire to progress
You will get
- Salary is solid at £35K-£40K+ Neg + Car/allowance, plus competitive benefits package .
- You will enjoy the kudos and credibility of working for a civil construction market leader.
- Ongoing training & development, and opportunities for promotion & progression!
You can apply
To the Site Engineer job by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org, or give me a call at 01275 331307.