You will like
Operating within global leading space agency, working with the best of the best, using bleeding edge technologies and on game-changing projects. Program details are confidential (of course) but relate to comets, spaceships, sattelites, telescopes, vehicles, measuring & monitoring devices and various fascinating initiatives.
You will like
The Space Segment Engineer Senior job itself where you will provide technical support to the launcher interface definition and evolutions; Support the definition and implementation of the launch campaigns of the satellites; Support the preparation and execution of the Launch and Early Operations Phase (LEOP); Support the preparation and execution of the Satellite In-Orbit Verification and Commissioning activities; Support the definition and monitor the execution of the satellites’ storage activities; Follow-up the health status of the in-orbit satellites and organise support from Industry
This is a Europe based role with initial 4 to 6 months in Darmstadt, Germany thereafter in Noordwijk, Netherlands
- Represent agency in Single Space Segment Team (SSST) for technical and programmatic aspects in role of Deputy Project Manager
- Support agency Project Manager in implementation of Metop-SG satellite development activities, including management of industry partners;
- Coordinate all matters related to Space Segment and deliverables exchanged between agencies
You will have
- 10+ years professional experience in Space Segment Engineering, procurement and management, preferably in frame of Earth Observation satellite development programme;
- University degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Candidates must be able to work effectively in English and have some knowledge of French.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to apply these to interactions with teams having different or conflicting interests;
- Proven ability to understand/synthesise complex issues and appreciate different interests;
- Capability to propose steps necessary to control risks and guide critical decisions.
You will get
- As Space Segment Engineer Senior you will enjoy lucrative salary equivalent of Euro E 200K + Package Negotiable
The initial contract will be of 4 years’ duration, with subsequent 5 year contracts being awarded thereafter, subject to individual performance and organisation requirements.
The minimum net basic salary for this post is EURO 8047 per month upwards of this negotiable on the basis of skills and experience. Salary scale provides for increments onanniversary of taking up employment, and scales are reviewed with effect from 1 Jan each year. In addition to basic salary, there are attractive benefits.
You can apply
To the Space Segment Engineer Senior by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org , or give me a call at 01275 331307.